2 Cute Ink Digital Stamps Blog
Daily Inspirations!

Thursday, August 23, 2012

Thursday...purrrfect day

Happy Thursday! I'm Tabbatha and I'll be the regular Thursday gal, which I'm looking forward to. This is my first official post as a member of the 2 Cute Ink Design Team. :)


You know as September rushes to greet us, many are heading back to school. I don't know about you, but I seriously loved my art class. Now, I'm talking way back...like way way back in Kindergarten. :D I loved finger painting and all the crafts we did. And who can't forget that one kid, you know, the one that ate the paste? I know I do.

This card was a lot of fun to make. I seriously love this Kitty Paint Brush digi stamp from the talented Heidi. Although my own two cats are black/black and white I wanted a little brown kitty. I always wanted a calico cat, so this is my own little one for a time, especially since it reminded me of those old art days. Yeah, I was the messy kid, with spills everywhere. Wait...still am!

I colored the cutie using my trusty Copics. I then went back with my Inktense Watercolor pencil in Bark to add a deep shadow along the paintbrush. I have started to play with adding harder shadows to get an added dimension. I really like how it looks, although for some reason my picture is showing rings on the face instead of a smooth blend. Ah well, the card itself irl looks great, so that is what really matters. Haha

Just wanted to finish up and say thank you so kindly for stopping by and I hope to see some new comments on the 2 Cute Ink Design Team Blog. :D


Stamps used:
Kitty Paint Brush -- 2 Cute Ink
Sentiment -- Create with TLC
Markers/Pencils used:
Kitty: E35, E37, E43, RV02, RV04
Paintbrush/Paint: BG01, BG09, BG23, RV02, RV04, RV10
Shadow: Inktense Watercolor Pencils: Bark
Materials:
Prima Botanical Collection Paper Stack
Prima - Fairy Belle 6x6 Pad
We R Memory Keepers Sew Easy Floss: Bakers twine tertiary
Miss Elizabeth's Inspirational Sayings Scrapbook Deck
MeiFlower Beaded Pearl Hearts - Lilac
Meiflower Stick-on Pearls, Ivory - 5 mm
Stickles: Stardust
Distress Ink Pads: Broken China
Stash:
Cheesecloth

6 comments:

  1. Tabbatha - so cute! I love how just the few touches of bright pink pop against the background. Art class was my favorite too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow what an adorable card tabbatha nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this fresh fun make Tabbatha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Love the sparkly pink "paint" and the color of kitty. Thanks so much for listing the Copics you used in your supplies list!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it and the colours you have chosen are fab.

    ReplyDelete