2 Cute Ink Digital Stamps Blog
Daily Inspirations!

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Tutorial Tuesday - Step By Step Card



Card Tutorial
This is a step by step tutorial on how to create a fun card using the adorable 2 Cute Ink Birthday Hippo image. 
  
What you will need:  

  •   Birthday Hippo image
  •  Papers – I used Doodlebug designs Boys Only 6x6 papers
  • Card blank or cardstock for card base
  •  Adhesives
  • Dies – I used the Deckled Rectangles and the Nested Circles from Spellbinders

Step 1
Print the digi image and let the ink dry fully. I die cut the image out of my page using the second largest circle die.
Step 2
Die cut two deckled rectangles from your paper. I used the largest deckled rectangle on my first piece. This piece of paper was 13.5cm high and 6cm wide. It worked out slightly too short for the top and bottom of the die to cut the edges which was perfect as I wanted them straight on the top. You could always trim them straight after die cutting if you needed to though.
 
I used the next size down deckled rectangle die for my second piece of patterned paper.
 
Step 3
I cut a piece of the patterned paper to 13cm x 13cm to mat onto my 13.5cm x 13.5cm card base..
Step 4
I wanted to create a scalloped effect on one side of my orange patterned paper. To do this I used a 1inch circle punch to cut out lots of circles. I then used red line tape to stick this onto the back of the orange paper.
Step 5
I die cut a larger circle than my image from green patterned paper and mounted my image onto this with foam pads for dimension.

 Step 6
To add some interest to my grey patterned paper I doodled around the edges with a looping pattern.

Step 7
I glued down my two deckled rectangles. The orange piece goes right to the top and bottom of the white card base. The smaller piece slots in behind it.
Step 8
For my sentiment I cut a banner shape from the grey card and stamped my sentiment on it. I also added some faux stitching with a black pen.
Step 9
I glued my circle with my image straight onto the card.
 
 Step 10
I glued my sentiment banner directly down also. I added more to the faux stitching to make it look like it was stitched onto the card base. I added some gems in colours to match the papers for more interest on the sentiment.

Once all these elements are glued on you are done. Enjoy the card!!

1 comment: