2 Cute Ink Digital Stamps Blog
Daily Inspirations!

Monday, January 20, 2014

What a Bug!

Hi all!

For this week’s design, it all started with a challenge I am entering requiring a Joy-Fold Card.  I wanted to use a 2 Cute Ink digi as the "hidden treasure" inside.

Front 
As it Unfolds
For my "hidden treasure," I used 2 Cute Ink's recent release "Cupcake Ladybug."  I used WordArt to add a sentiment over the bug.   For those of you following me, you know that I have been trying to learn Photoshop better to color digital images....I had fun with this one practicing some shading (cupcake topping) and some texture (cupcake wrapper) - as well as how to give my ladybug a black face without losing her eyes and nose.  I wish I could provide a tutorial for you - but, quite honestly, I just kept hitting buttons until I got lucky!  Hopefully soon I will know the program well enough to provide solid tips.  I do have to say - I may never use my Copics on another digital image.
"Hidden Treasure"
I enjoyed making this special-fold card . . . and I'm off to make another one for the challenge.  You see, I need a lot of birthday cards, so made this a birthday card.  When I finished - ooops - read instructions.  The challenge card needs to be a Valentine's card (requiring hearts should have been my clue!).  So now off to make a Valentine's card.

1 comment: